What is a Thatcham Category S5 Tracking system?
Cat S5 Tracking Systems
Without the keys, the majority of modern cars are much harder to steal and beyond the abilities of all but the most sophisticated thieves. How the criminals respond, have been to focus on stealing the keys in order to steal the car.
To tackle the new trend of key theft, Thatcham are continually working with the police and other partners to develop a range of technologies, one of which led to the introduction of the Thatcham Category S5 Criteria for after theft recovery systems. This system involves automatic driver recognition ( also known as ADR cards/fobs. )
These criteria allows Cat S5 Tracking Systems to be fitted to vehicles & will have a direct effect on vehicle crime. It is not only the device in the vehicle that is subject to the criteria. For the first time, a Thatcham Category applies to the entire system – design, installation, maintenance and operation, with quality and security requirements being set and audited at every level. A Cat s5 Tracking Systems is one of a number of categories that Thatcham have defined as one of the highest Class of vehicle security tracking systems.
Cat S5 – Gps/Gsm tracking vehicle tracking system including automatic driver recognition cards.
Cat S5 plus – Gps/Gsm/VHF vehicle tracking system including driver I.D cards.
Vodafone Category S5
Features of the Vodafone Protect & Connect S5 VTS
- Tow-away alert – This is triggered when motion is detected and whilst the ignition of the vehicle is off.
- Tamper alert – This is activated when the tracking systems battery is removed or if any of the wires to the unit have been cut.
- GSM jamming alert – GSM jammers are devices that can block the GPS signal from your device in an attempt to block the vehicle from being located. The jamming alert is triggered when an attempt of jamming is being put in place by a thief.
- Recognised by major insurers – The Vodafone Cobra Protect & Connect S5 VTS GPS tracking system is occasionally recommended to you by insurance companies because of how good it is.
- 24/7 service – even if it’s in the middle of the night, there will always be someone on the other side of the phone to take your call.
- Automatic System Health Check – The unit itself will run checks to register if the system is working as it should. If there are any faults then the control centre will be able to recognise this and will get it all sorted out.
Smartrack Category S5
Features of the Smartrack S5
- Thatcham Category S5 Quality Assured
- IP67 waterproof device
- Choice of Driver Recognition Systems supplied with 2 cards/tags
- P5 for plant and agricultural vehicles
- Secure full fleet online account to view locations of your vehicle
- Free Global Telemetrics app to view vehicle location
- Monitored 24 hours a day by Global Telemetrics
- Battery disconnection/low-level battery alerts
- Movement alerts (vehicle is moved without the DRST used)
- eCall button
- Fully transferable
- Direct Debit for subscriptions (minimum 12-month contract)
- 3-year warranty
Tracker S5 Plus
Features of TRACKER Cat S5 Plus
- GSM & GPS location to provide Europe wide coverage
- Patented VHF technology to find stolen vehicles even when they are hidden in metal containers or underground car parks
- Dual technology & signal jamming detection to stop criminals using GPS/GSM jammers to block the tracking device
- In-built motion sensors identify unauthorised movement & alert the Secure Operating Centre (SOC)
- Driver tags to identify unauthorised use of your vehicle, even if the thief has your keys
- Nationwide support from all UK police forces
- Full access to the My TRACKER website